Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bang...

Had the day off, went out shooting at Matsell for the first time in 20 years or so. Took my old Mauser ES350 .22 & my M44 Mosin Nagant. The Mauser shot perfectly from the get go, still zeroed & holding X rings at 50 yards, I love those guns. If I were rich, I would stock every rifle I owned to the same dimensions as that gun. They have a pretty long pull and fit my ape-like frame perfectly. The M44 shot 4 inches to the left at 50 yards, I didn't have a drift & hammer with me so I couldn't adjust the front sight. My companions at the range were 4 Iowa City police officers with tricked out AR15's, the usual cop accessories, lights, etc. One asked me if I had had any trouble with Wolf brand ammunition (apparently IC police are not allowed to use it, due to lacquer on the cases fouling the chambers). I have had no problems with it & told him so. He seemed confused...

No comments: